Do you want a sweet tooth? Do you constantly feel hungry? Do you need to regulate your blood sugar ? Do you want to protect yourself from diabetes?
In this article, we will tell you about the benefits of cinnamon and stevia and how to make a very useful beverage from them that will protect you from health problems in the future.
Cinnamon is a very fragrant spice that is extracted from the core of a cinnamon tree.
- It is very useful for digestion, it is a natural antibiotic , expectorant and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Also, cinnamon perfectly stimulates and saturates our body with energy, promotes burning of calories and improves libido, without overexciting the nervous system and without causing nervousness.
As we mentioned earlier in this article, cinnamon is an excellent tool for regulating blood sugar levels and preventing and treating type 2 diabetes.
We advise you to give preference to cinnamon from Ceylon, because it is sweeter and more delicate than Chinese cinnamon and also has many useful medicinal properties.
It is very difficult to determine where the ground cinnamon is brought from, but sometimes the name of the variety is indicated on the package, for example Cinnamomum zeylanicum or Cinnamomum verum .
Stevia is a plant originally from Paraguay, which today is known throughout the world as an excellent useful and natural sweetener.
In addition, it is easy to grow stevia at home. You can buy in the store dry leaves or extract, depending on how you want to use it.
Stevia not only perfectly regulates the level of sugar in the blood, but also has many other useful properties:
- It slightly lowers the pressure, therefore it is useful for people with pressure surges or with a pressure above the norm.
- It contains seven times more antioxidants than green tea.
- It is a mild diuretic.
- It is an excellent antacid that improves digestion .
- Stevia has bactericidal and healing properties, so it is ideal for treating wounds and burns.
- Stevia improves the condition of the enamel and treats caries. Recently, it is increasingly included in toothpaste.
A means for regulating blood sugar level
In order to extract the maximum of useful substances from stevia and cinnamon, you can prepare from them a useful drink.
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons ground Ceylon cinnamon (6 g)
- 2 teaspoons dried Stevia leaves (10 g)
- 3 cups water (600 ml)
- Bring the water to a boil and take it off the fire.
- Add herbs to it and cover for 10 minutes.
- Cool it.
A few more tips:
In order to make this tool even more effective, take into service several of our tips:
- Add cinnamon to baked goods, jelly, ice cream, biscuits, custard and even meat stew.
- Add stevia to desserts instead of other sweeteners.
There are two types of stevia: pure stevia of dark color, which regulates the level of sugar in the blood and to taste resembles a licorice, and refined – transparent color and without taste.
In any case, even refined stevia is more useful than refined sugar.
- Eat foods rich in fiber (fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole grains).
This type of fiber contributes to the better absorption of carbohydrates and regulates blood glucose levels after eating.
- Include in your diet products such as green peas, watercress, wheat germ and brewer’s yeast, which regulate the level of glucose in the blood.
- Drink at least one and a half liters of water every day between meals.
- Eat often and gradually, somewhere 3-5 times a day to maintain blood sugar levels are normal. Do not overeat and do not skip meals.