We, the people, often go through difficult stages in our life, situations of sadness , despondency or melancholy, and often we can not overcome our sorrow by ourselves .
And yet, many prefer, if possible, avoid taking medications, because they understand that they can cause addiction and undesirable side effects.
Therefore, in our today’s article we will tell you about 8 basic ways how you can improve your mood and conquer sadness in the most natural way. These “useful habits” will help you feel joy again and bring you back to life.
1. Foods against sadness and sadness
Did you know that there are products that have the properties of antidepressants? And all thanks to their nutritional value: the fact is that they contain fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that help us regulate the nervous system in an absolutely natural way.
It is important only to consume them regularly, and not from time to time. After all, the deficit of certain nutrients in the body is directly related to the state of sadness and depression.
We recommend that you include the following products in your diet:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Legumes: peas and black beans
- Nuts: walnuts, almonds and pine nuts
- Sunflower and flax seeds
- Chicken eggs
2. Weekly sports activities
Sport not only helps us stay in shape, struggle with excess weight and gain muscle mass. It is also important for us to have a good mood. Especially it concerns people, leading a sedentary (sedentary) way of life.
During the performance of intensive physical exercises in our body, serotonin is produced , also known as the hormone of happiness , it is he who gives us joy and good health.
3. Proximity to nature
Living in urban conditions makes us move away from nature, and it, as you know, has a calming and balancing effect on our body.
Contact with the land, sand, sea or sun, the smell of land and rain, the sight of mountains, plains, etc. All this fills us with harmony and tranquility , which is so lacking to urban residents.
So try at least on weekends to get out of town, running away from the bustle, and recharge the energy of nature. Believe me, it will help you overcome sadness and feel much more active and active.
4. Discover chemotherapy
The colors that surround us in our lives (clothes, objects, etc.) have a therapeutic function. In fact, choosing this or that color, we are guided by our mood.
So when you are sad, try to avoid black, gray and brown hues and give preference to the following:
- Green: soothing, allows you to feel closeness to nature.
- Purple: spiritual and relaxing, great for meditation.
- Blue: very relaxing, suitable for those situations where the state of sadness and sadness is associated with the stress experienced .
- Orange: color, literally filled with energy, it gives us joy and vitality, and stimulates creative activity.
- Red: energy and passion, but with it the main thing is not to overdo it, as a large amount of red can cause aggression and anger.
5. Try fragrance-antidepressants
Aromas also have a certain effect on our nervous system. Thus, for the use of aromas for therapeutic purposes, we recommend you to try the essential oils, because now there is a wide variety of all kinds of diffuses and aromatic lamps.
The following essential oils have the properties of antidepressants:
- Citrus Oils
- Fir oil
- Basil oil
- Cypress oil
- Butter of marjoram
- Sandalwood oil
- Rosemary oil
6. Flowers of Bach
Bach flowers are another option of natural therapy that will help bring your feelings and emotions into balance without the risk of any side effects and addictions. Contraindications for this therapy is not.
Here are the most common options:
- Wild oats: if it’s hard for us to find a goal and determine the meaning of our life.
- Mustard: in case of depression, the cause of which we can not name.
- Gentian: with depression caused by external factors known to us.
- Sweet chestnut: for anxiety and “fearfulness.”
- “Chicken Milk”: after strong experiences, mourning, grief.
- Wild rose or rose hip: helps to overcome apathy.
- Дрок: for pessimistic people who are on the verge of despair.
7. The Right Direction of Look
Do you know that the movements of our eyes also affect our nervous system?
If we look down all the time, it will lead to a state of depression, but looking up, we will find optimism and well-being.
So try to look upward more often, it will be useful both for your mood and for sight. Curious, is not it?
8. To be grateful
One of the best tips that we can give you, if you are sad, is to offer to become better, kinder, open! Try not only to strive to receive something from others, but be grateful and show your gratitude to others.
If you really fight every day to become better, it will help you feel better and enter, therefore, in the “positive circle”.