Anemia is a disease characterized by a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood. It can occur as a result of acute or chronic blood loss, increased destruction of erythrocytes due to insufficient function of the bone marrow of the main hematopoietic organ. develops with certain diseases (for example, infectious, helminthic). The most common anemia, iron deficiency, associated with a lack of iron in the body. And here we will talk about the treatment of iron deficiency anemia with folk remedies and medications.
IRON DEFICIENCY ANEMIA
With the most common anemia, iron deficiency – requires a full-fledged diet with an increased content of easily digestible iron, as well as protein and vitamin C. Iron is most easily absorbed in meat and fish products. Although iron is abundant in plant foods (buckwheat, legumes, nuts, etc.) and eggs, but iron and them are poorly absorbed from the intestine into the blood. Milk and dairy products, many vegetables and fruits are poor in iron.
The addition of meat or fish to each main meal increases the absorption of iron from other foods such as cereals, bread, potatoes, etc. A less pronounced improvement in the assimilation of iron occurs when juices of citrus fruits and other sour berries are added to the intake of food without pulp, broth of briar, broth compote. It is desirable to replace sugar with honey. Improve the absorption of iron dry white grape wines, but not red wines.
Temporarily, they exclude strong tea from the diet, the tannins of which sharply reduce the absorption of iron, as well as products rich in oxalic acid or tannins, such as spinach, sorrel, rhubarb, portalak, quince, dogwood, persimmon, chokeberry, blackberry, and chocolate and cocoa . Limit rich in food fiber products – bread with bran, legumes. and etc.
In the diet, the protein content is increased by 10-20% in comparison with the norms of nutrition, mainly due to products of animal origin (meat and fish), while reducing the amount of fat by 5-10%. Due to the frequent deficiency in nutrition of vitamins and microelements, it is recommended to take vitamin-mineral complexes 1-2 tablets a day.
The diet can be supplemented with carbonated glandular mineral waters “Polustrovo”, “Marcial”, “Swallow”, “Derasun”. Culinary processing of food is common, if there are no special contraindications. With severe anemia, compensation for iron deficiency in the body can not be achieved only through diet, iron preparations are required.
TREATMENT OF ANEMIA WITH FOLK REMEDIES
- Take fresh cornelian fruit or fresh dandelion juice. Children suffering from this disease, to give “bread”, prepared from dried and powdered grass, a grass plantain.
- Eat the mashed carrots, boiled in milk.
- Take 60g of herb yarrow pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, boil 1 hour, cool, strain. Take 1 tsp. 3 times a day, but better 20% tincture on vodka from grass and yarrow flowers take, diluting with water, 2 tbsp. l. before eating.
- Put 200 g of good cocoa, interior lard, honey and butter in an aluminum pan, dissolve the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it boils and completely dissolves. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool, then place it in a glass jar. Store in a cool, dark place.Stir in a glass of hot milk a teaspoon of the mixture, eat 3-4 times a day, depending on the degree of exhaustion of a person. This remedy helps the patient at the beginning of the disease.
- In the initial stage of anemia, mix 400 g of interior fat and 6 large green apples (pre-cut them) and heat in an oven on low heat so that it does not burn out. Then grind 12 egg whites with 1 glass of sugar. Add 400 g of chopped chocolate and cool. Blend the mixture on bread and eat 3-4 times a day, washed down with hot milk. This means for a significant increase in weight (from 800 g to 2.5 kg per week).
- For the prevention of anemia, use fresh strawberries. Regularly eat boiled beets.